Resina Formlabs Castable Wax 1L
A 20% wax-filled photopolymer for reliable casting with zero ash content and clean burnout.
Resina compatible con la impresora Formlabs 2.
Castable Wax accurately captures intricate features and offers the smooth surfaces stereolithography 3D printing is known for. Printed parts are suitable for custom try-ons and direct investment casting. Supports print resolutions: 50 and 25 microns.
- Beautifully captures fine details with great surface quality.
- Prints filigree & pave geometries that cast well.
- Strong enough to use for customer try-ons & prototyping (higher green strength).
- 20% wax for clean burnout.
- Capable of faster burnout than V2 (8 hrs vs. 14 hrs.)
- No post-cure required.
- Wax-filled: Castable Wax is 20% water soluble liquid wax (PEG). The wax content burns more easily and at a lower temperature than the rest of the resin, and aids in clean burnout overall.
- Resin pattern: The resin pattern is the SLA printed part. The pattern can become a piece of jewelry, or any other cast metal object.
- Filigree: Thin wires and tiny lace-like detail. Possible to print with Castable Wax, challenging to cast. Popular with our clients in India and Turkey.
- Pavé: Dense, close settings for stones.
- Investment: A gypsum-based powder that is mixed with water and poured around the print to form the mold.
- Sprues: Wax connectors that burn out with the resin pattern, leaving channels that help the mold fill.
- Casting tree (or sprue tree): Wax core + multiple resin prints, allows casting multiple objects at once.
- Green strength: Castable Wax has higher green strength, which allows printing of finer details and casting without post-curing.